Can I Still Attend a Podiatry Appointment During Melbourne’s Current Lockdown?
Under the current restrictions for metropolitan Melbourne, you are able to leave your home for 5 reasons, one of these being to receive medical care/health care.
Sole Podiatry is still open for essential care.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) have stated that if you are in pain or worried that your condition may deteriorate, you are very much encouraged to seek the healthcare that you need.
What conditions are considered to be “essential” to receive Podiatry care?
- If you are in significant pain, which you are concerned would worsen, or deteriorate if left untreated.
- If you have an underlying medical condition which may put you at higher risk of infection or deterioration by delaying care (such as diabetes)
- If your pain is stopping you from being able to undertake essential work, or daily tasks.
Can I travel more than 5km to attend a Podiatry appointment?
You are allowed to travel outside your 5km radius to attend your podiatry appointment. You can use your appointment confirmation email or SMS as proof of your appointment and reason for travel.
Do I need a referral to see a Podiatrist?
You do not need a referral from a GP to attend an appointment with us (although feel free to bring one along if your GP has given you one)
Do you offer Telehealth services?
Yes, If you are hesitant about seeing us face to face, we also offer Telehealth appointments if you feel that suits you better
What extra measures is Sole Podiatry taking to ensure they remain COVID safe?
– We are extremely diligent about keeping our clinic clean and disinfected (including both the waiting room and treatment rooms)
– You will need to wear a mask throughout your time at Sole Podiatry
– We are completing COVID screening upon entry for every individual that enters our clinic
– QR code check in is required upon entry into our clinics
– You may be asked about the reason for your visit before attending
If you are still unsure whether you qualify for essential Podiatry care, please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 9939 1012 so we can assist you further.
Stay safe everyone!