A Medi-Pedi is the name given to a “Medical grade Pedicure”
Podiatrists are University qualified therapists who are trained to assess, diagnose and treat a variety of foot and ankle conditions.
As part of our training, Podiatrists are expertly trained to care for toenails (thickened nails, ingrown nails or discolored nails), remove hard skin (callus) and treat hard, painful skin lesions (such as corns and plantar warts).
As part of a routine Podiatry appointment, we can offer a Medical grade pedicure or “Medi-Pedi” which includes:
- Removal of old shellac polish if required
- Toenails- cutting, filing and shaping
- Reducing thickness of nails
- Treatment of overgrown cuticles
- Safe and pain-free removal/debridement of hard skin (callus) and cracked heels
- Removal of corns and assessment as to why they have developed
- Assessment of footwear choices and advice to improve foot health
- Foot health assessment (including Doppler blood flow testing and nerve testing)
- Prescription of suitable emollient (cream) to keep feet hydrated
As well as treating your feet, we can also assess and identify causes for thickened, discolored toenails (trauma, infections, ill fitting footwear), causes of painful corns and callus (excessive pressure when walking, poor footwear choices) and we can offer treatment advice for these conditions.
On top of expert treatment, we also abide by strict hygiene and sterilization protocols. All our instruments are sterilized after every use, in a hospital grade autoclave machine. Our treatment rooms and chairs are disinfected and cleaned after every patient with hospital grade disinfectant. Our Podiatrists always wear gloves, masks and a gown for every patient, ensuring your and our own safety.
If you would like to have your feet treated by one of our Podiatrists, book an appointment in the clinic. Private health rebates are available for those who have Podiatry cover as part of their extras insurance.